Home visits are available for housebound patients who are unable to get to the surgery. Requests should be made by calling 01726 75555 as early as possible that day. It would be helpful if you gave the receptionist some information as to why you need a home visit. Visits will be conducted by a doctor, nurse or an Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP).
Please remember that several patients can be seen in the practice in the time that it takes to make one home visit. So we encourage patients to come to the surgery, where possible, where there are better facilities for examining and treating patients.
Please consider the following guidance when requesting home visits:
- Please ensure visits are requested before 11AM where possible on 01726 75555.
- Only request visits where strictly necessary. Many queries can be dealt with over the telephone.
- Most visits will be triaged by clinicians before we come to see you.
- Only request visits for housebound patients where clinically appropriate. All non-housebound patients will be requested to attend the surgery.
- It is always preferable to see patients in a clinical environment with the appropriate equipment.
- We are more likely to be able to see you in a more timely fashion in the hub / surgery as opposed to a visit.
- Do not request home visits in cases of medical emergency – please call 999 instead.
- Visits will be conducted by a GP, Nurse or an Emergency Care Practitioner (ECP)
We will always visit you if clinically necessary. Please help us to provide the very best service for all of our patients by considering the above guidance.
You can also be visited at home by a Community Nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a Health Visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.