The Patient Participation Group (PPG) enhance two-way communication between St Austell Healthcare and its patients, to promote health in any positive way we can.
The committee meets every month.
We have recently fundraised for a Bladder Scanner which will be great for the patients as it will save a trip to Treliske. A big thank you to everyone who supported is to date. We will continue to raise money throughout this year by selling hand crafted greeting cards. These cards can be used for any occasion and are beautifully made and been donated to the PPG.
Together with the doctors and staff of St Austell Healthcare we are always looking at ways of improving the patient experience and you can learn more about our work by reading the minutes of our meetings, which are published on the website. Everyone at the PPG is working hard to ensure success for St Austell Healthcare, but also listening to any patient difficulties that are brought to their attention.
If you have any comments or suggestions, or would like to join the PPG then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What We Can Do For You
- The PPG at St Austell Healthcare – What we can do…
Help the Practice to Improve Services
- Provide feedback from patients on any issue relevant or researched
- Monitor the accessibility of the SAH communications e.g. reception / website/ surveys and feedback to SAHC
- Carry out surveys e.g. patients satisfaction / health
- Needs / patient awareness/ available information / expectations
- Builds / services / opening hours etc.
- Organising a health fair for health education
- Promoting special days or health promotions e.g. no – smoking, walk to work, diet advice, diabetes, COPD, long term medical conditions, disability awareness, some cancers etc
- Representing the SAHC when patient voices are needed
- Ensuring any information is “user friendly” and available for all
Helping With Health Events
- Encouraging health education activities within SAHC
Being Representative and Promoting Patient Voices
- Acting as a representative group that can be called on to influence the local provision of health and social care
What we cannot do…
- Whilst we welcome patients’ comments on the Practice (both positive and negative!), unfortunately we are not in a position to deal with any individual specific complaint regarding a patient’s treatment. All such complaints should be addressed direct to the Complaints Manager at our Head Office at Wheal Northey or by emailing email@example.com